AVSN: Vaxxed Tour 2017 South Sydney screening
These vaccines are unsafe, they kill.
These doctors, they kill.
Stop murdering our children.
Polly Tommey, AVSN Vaxxed seminar, 29 July 2017
Two events were held on 29 July 2017. The first was an afternoon seminar featuring speakers Suzanne Humphries, Brian Hooker, Polly Tommey and Meryl Dorey. The evening session involved a screening of Vaxxed followed by a Q&A session.
The venue was Club On East, Sutherland NSW. It advised that the booking was for a 'health seminar' and it was not informed of anything more than that. The booking was made in the name of Tasha David, not the AVSN. Once again, the AVSN is caught out lying when it states it is open and transparent with venue providers. But we've come to expect nothing less.
Afternoon session: SeminarI'll breeze past the Humphries and Hooker presentations in saying that they were full of anti-vaccination nonsense from start to finish, which will come as no surprise to anyone.
Next speaker, Polly Tommey. And oh boy, buckle up.
Tommey announced that she is setting up her "Autism Trust" organisation here in Australia, and is in discussion with Tasha David and Meryl Dorey about it.
Tommey is clearly making Australia her pet project, intent on being the linchpin that brings the
Australian anti-vaccination movement together. She is in for some surprises; the infighting within
the Oz antivax movement is truly vicious (from my point of view, hilarious).
Now it was time for Tommey to fire up the rabble, ensuring that fear and doubt about vaccination was firmly entrenched in her audience, as the following two video snippets show:
"Here's the thing; we still need to reach more people.
We still need to help save them.
But look at this. This black bus is your black box warning.
It is the peoples' warning to the people
to tell you that
these vaccines are unsafe, they kill.
These doctors, they kill."
"This is 2017.
Get out the insert,
do your job properly, and
stop murdering our children."
The seminar wound up with the last speaker, Meryl Dorey, who spent her 10 or so minutes basically promoting the AVSN and begging for memberships.
Evening session: Vaxxed screening and Q&ATasha David, AVSN President, introduces her "dream team" panellists: Suzanne Humphries, Brian Hooker, Polly Tommey and Meryl Dorey.
- Dorey announced a Vaxxed screening for Perth in late August, then far north QLD and Tasmania later on;
- in response to a question about non-vaxxing parents' anxiety going to the doctor, Humphries helpfully states you don't need doctors. Dorey advises taking a buddy along or, instead, visit a doctor registered with ACNEM;
- audience member suggests everybody contact their local library to request they stock Tommey's Autism File magazine;
- Brian Hooker promotes his three-foot/three-minute rule: if someone is within three feet or has three minutes of time spare, ask them about vaccine safety;
- Tommey goes full-antivax-militant, stating "Australia, you have got to get together and form a united group"… "You have to go underground";
- Tommey says she'd take medical advice from Jenny McCarthy before any doctor;
- In response to a question about the adult vaccine schedule/register, Dorey says 'No Jab, No Job' and 'No Jab No Pension' is on the cards, and this vaccine schedule for life will make our lives a lot shorter.
Posted: 31 Jul 2017